Friday, October 9, 2009
No. 2
This is kinda late but I had to watch No. 2 again before making a blog post about it. I found this film to be very interesting. I have never been to New Zealand, but this movie gave a play-by-play of a somewhat of what the culture is like there. It starts with Nanna Maria and how she wants a feast. I thought she was delusional in the beginning, but towards the end of the movie it is clear that all she wanted is to reunite a very broken family. Nanna Maria was originally from Fiji. There was only one scene where the Fijian language is present. The rest of the film the characters are speaking in New Zealand accents. In some scenes it was hard to understand. Some characters seemed to speak with a heavier accent than others. I really didn't know how to interpret this. We talked about how the evil, or bad, characters had thick distinguishable accents. There was no real bad guy in this film but you could tell who the trouble makers were because their accents seemed to be thicker. Over all it was a great film that was geared more towards teaching family values and culture, that towards promoting a language of New Zealand or Fiji. If you haven't seen this film you should, it has a great message.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment