Monday, November 30, 2009
Local Humor
The Local Humor presentation was an interesting presentation. The first thing that caught my attention was that the instructor was doing research on something that seem so fun. I mean think about it, he was researching and analyzing comedians among other things, how fun would that be. Made me think that I chose the wrong field of study. All joking aside, one of the most interesting things was the code switching that was discussed. I was amazed at how subtle the accent switching was, but yet it was clear as day. You might be able to theorize that because the code switch is so subtle that it adds to the hilarity of the bit. The more I thought about code switching, the more I realized that stand up comedy is almost completely reliant on this phenomenon. Most comedians have points in their routines where there are probably loud explanations, or impersonations of different people or events. Personally I might not find a comedian who constantly talked in a low monotone voice to be very funny. All in all I found the presentation to be very interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment