The family comes to nanna's house and do not try to throw a party for her because there is a lot of animosity and fighting between them. Tyson brings over a girl that is not in their family and his cousins dislike her in the beginning, but nanna likes her very much so she stays. As the story goes on, the grandchildren know that they have to throw a party for nanna which involves killing a pig and cooking it, cutting down trees for fire, making more food and so on. In the middle of the party, Soul is dancing with Tyson's girl Maria and this infuriates Tyson. So Tyson punches Soul in the face and there is a huge fight. There is separation between the two cousins for a while, but they settle down and everything goes back to normal. Nanna finally names her number 2 during dinner and that is a surprise to everyone, including Soul himself. Nanna names Soul as her number 2 because she says that he brings excitement to the family and she just wants her family to laugh and have fun. The party ends and the movie finishes with nanna laying on her bed going to sleep.
All in all I think that this movie was interesting and very funny, but I do think that it could have been done a little different. The main thing is that the movie should have probably used Fijian or Maori people in the movie because it would make it better in the sense that it is more real. Another thing is that I was a little confused in some parts in the movie, but I'm glad I was able to watch this movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment