Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lic Samoan Wedding

Samoan Wedding was a humorous movie that I actually found to be very entertaining. I didn't know what to expect prior to watching, but I thought it was funny. This film was set around four best friends; Albert, Stanley, Sefa, and Michael. All of the friends had issues at previous weddings and events, Consequently, to put a stop to this, the minister of their church banned them from Michael’s younger brother Sione's wedding. They made an agreement with the minister to find real girlfriends in order to be permitted to attend Sione's Wedding. They thought that finding good women to bring to the wedding would be easy. That wasn't the case. It turned out to be much more difficult. They ended up finding women in the end and the movie ends up happy.
I noticed that English was the language of choice instead of Samoan. I figured that Samoan would have been spoken more, but perhaps because of marketing pressures, this movie was all English. All of the actors spoke clear English. I rarely heard Samoan spoken throughout the movie. I would have liked to see and hear more Samoan culture and language. All in all, it was funny and entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment